Special session: Indiana LTAP Fleet Educational Program: Municipal Fleet Management and Incorporating Alternative-Fueled Vehicles
The introduction of trucks and buses powered by compressed and liquid natural gas, hydrogen fuel cell electric vehicles, hydrogen-powered internal combustion engines, electric vehicles and electric hybrid power units has drastically changed the landscape for municipal fleet managers. This shift in vehicle power units happened almost overnight, and now fleets need to revisit their vehicle life cycle analysis as well as reimagine how they specify, upfit, finance and maintain their fleet. In addition, fleets may also need to consider the impacts of incorporating anti-idling and efficient diesel technology with an existing fleet of combustion engines to boost performance to the same standard as alternative fuel vehicles.
Course participants will:
- Visit the history of the municipal fleet
- Learn the methodology behind fleet life cycle cost analysis and replacement strategies
- Discover technologies to assist municipal fleet managers
- Review the types of alternative fuels available to power today’s fleet
- Discuss strategies for managing tomorrow’s municipal fleet
This session is not included in any registration package — it is available for purchase separately.